Write an essay about the stump jump plough's history and accompany it with pictures or drawings.
- What is a plough?
- Draw a picture of a modern plough.
- Try to locate a library book displaying a picture of the old stump jump plough made by Robert Bowyer Smith.
- Draw a picture of the stump jump plough.
- Smith took his invention to the Moonta Agricultural Show in South Australia. Locate Moonta in South Australia on a map. What is the nearest capital city?
- Smith took out a twelve month patent. What is a patent?
- In 1882 the poverty-stricken, Robert Smith received a reward for all his efforts from the South Australian Government. What did he receive?
- Robert Smith eventually moved to another Australian State where he set up a factory to manufacture the ploughs. Which State was this?
- When did Robert Bowyer Smith die?
Thank you for using Teaching Treasures free to use online learning interactive activities