Be powerful in your conviction of teaching and continue to strengthen your kids abilities, character traits, and physical strengths. Embrace school-life, or home-life and learn together because creative teachers are at the forefront of many inventions, advanced creativity, and high academic standards.
Posted by Ingrid Griggs on 17 January, 2023
Trepidation and fear is all around us with the recent Pandemic outbreak bringing about a display of military personnel such as Colonels, Majors, Captains, and Privates strutting their indeterminate nature in our neighborhoods.
The reality of this Pandemic outbreak is probably still sinking in for many of us but be comforted to know that life goes on. Regardless of the many worldwide protests, objections to the remedy or cause of this thing... you are going to push on because you are a strong person, parent, or teacher.
Deep inside you, you have your conscience telling you that no matter what this world throws at you, your kids are your number one priority and you'll do anything to make it happen. People in general are a strong mob who won't give up because of our fortitude; regardless whether our courage is in pain or adversity. Stoicism is the backbone of determinate people who are schooling their kids at public school, home, or even on the road. There are those who school their children in public/private institutions, within their home, on boats, on ships, in caravans, in foreign countries, in cities, deserts, jungles, farms or cattle stations.
The point is no matter where you are, no matter how you teach your kids, you are my hero! Purely because you've dedicated your life to improve someone else's life.... children's lives! Social, economic, political, cultural and environment related issues create an impact on your relationship with kids. Be these positive or negative. Always ask yourself how to improve your situation and how to stop living in fear and trepidation.
Those who are fearful tend to be overcome by the fearless. It is said that: Fear is the opposite of Faith! Build up your faith and become fearless. Don't let people or situations get you down. Be strong and of good courage and watch the enormity of fearless faith take over your life. Be powerful in your conviction of being a teacher, and continue to strengthen your kids abilities, character traits, and physical strengths. Embrace school-life, or home-life and learn together, because togetherness is love, and love is your kids or your students.
A good teacher's attributes are:
- and... dedicated to the task on hand, and that includes you!
I believe this because you chose to teach children, and I see many posts online proven my theory correct. Creative teachers are at the forefront of many inventions, advanced creativity, and high academic standards.
Preparedness is extremely important as a teacher because frustrating delays are a kill-joy for kids. So here are a 18 tips and ideas, to make your day easier.
- Have your curriculum materials ready and organised for the day.
- Ensure pencils are sharpened and all stationery is in place.
- Have print-outs or worksheets copied and ready to use.
- Workbooks on the kids desks ready for use.
- Wake up early enough to enjoy a relaxed breakfast.
- Try to start the same time each day.
- Pre-plan outings in advance.
- Try to stick to whole fruits as snacks to improve your own health, it's quicker, healthier & easier.
- Encourage older students to help out.
- Turn off mobile phones, mute volume, or ban these from classrooms.
- Encourage students to watch ZERO television before study hours; reduces kids concentration.
- Teach kids about regular bedtime which encourages growth and promotes proper development.
- Teach about good hygiene practices.
- Encourage positive thinking and feedback.
- Solve problems together and provide support for each other.
- Take a break from study or teaching hours to have some fun; e.g. Art, walking, music, sport.
- Relax, get plenty of sleep.
- Enjoy life; you're doing a great job.
Teaching is all about doing things your way, what works best for you and your students but still work within the guidelines Education Departments have given you. It's about breaking away from traditional schooling; it's simply passing your knowledge on to your kids while enjoying life, so do just that...
Don't forget to access, or register for a FREE account and download those FREE resources and worksheets!